MEMBERS OF THE BOARD
PETE VANDER POEL
PHILLIP A. COX
J. STEVEN WORTHLEY –
MIKE ENNIS –
Board of Supervisors
JEAN M. ROUSSEAU
2800 W. Burrel Avenue
Visalia, CA 93291
FAX (559) 733-6898
9:00 A.M. Board Convenes
Board of Supervisors Chambers
NOTICE TO THE PUBLIC
PUBLIC COMMENT PERIOD
At this time, members of the public may comment on any item not appearing on the agenda. Under state law, matters presented under this item cannot be discussed or acted upon by the Board at this time. For items appearing on the agenda, the public is invited to make comments at the time the item comes up for Board consideration. Any person addressing the Board will be limited to a maximum of three (3) minutes so that all interested parties have an opportunity to speak with a total of fifteen (15) minutes allotted for the Public Comment Period. At all times, please use the microphone and state your name and address for the record.
(Public Comment Period)
4. PUBLIC HEARING: Request from Resource Management Agency to conduct a public hearing to certify that the Board has reviewed and considered the information contained in the Finding of Consistency prepared for the project, is applicable to the General Plan Amendment, as being in compliance with the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) and the State CEQA Guidelines. Find there is no substantial evidence that said General Plan Amendment will have a significant effect on the environment and that based on substantial evidence in the record that the analysis presented in the Finding of Consistency for the Porterville Area Community Plan 2014 Update inclusive of GPA 14-008 has been completed in compliance with the California Environmental Quality Act and the State Guidelines for the Implementation of the California Environmental Quality Act of 1970. Adopt the Finding of Consistency for the Project with the adopted/certified City of Porterville 2030 General Plan EIR (State Clearinghouse Number 2006011033) as specified in Section 15168(c)(2) of the State CEQA Guidelines and approve General Plan Amendment 14-008, set forth as recommended in the Planning Commission in Resolution 9028. Direct the Environmental Assessment Officer of the Tulare Resource Management Agency to file a Notice of Determination with the Tulare County Clerk. Adopt a General Plan Amendment (GPA 14-008) to the Porterville Area Community Plan, consisting of amendments to the Land Use, Planning Framework (Urban Boundaries), Transportation and Circulation, and Environmental Resources Management Elements (Part I); The Foothill Growth Management Plan (Part II), and the Porterville Plan of Part III (Porterville Area Community Plan). Adopt Development Standards for the unincorporated area around the City of Porterville, Porterville Area County Adopted City Urban Development Boundary (CACUDB) included as Appendix D in the Porterville Area Community Plan 2014 Update, as an exception to the County Improvement Standards as recommended in the Planning Commission in Resolution 9029. Determine that the Tulare County Board of Supervisors will independently review and exercise its discretion when considering the adoption of Porterville Development Standards and City Master Plans. Revisions to City Development Standards and Master Plans will be considered by the County under separate action by resolution. Such standards and plans are included for illustration purposes only in Appendix D and are not deemed a part of this Community Plan.
NOTICE TO THE PUBLIC
Background information has been provided to the board on all matters listed under the Consent Agenda, and these items are considered to be routine by the Board. All items under the Consent Agenda are normally approved by one motion. If discussion is requested by any Board members on any item, that item will be removed from the Consent Agenda if separate action is required.
5. Approve an Agreement with the California Department of Food and Agriculture for providing State subvention in the amount of $417,148 to offset costs of providing Asian Citrus Psyllid detection trapping services, retroactive to October 1, 2014 through September 30, 2015. Find that the Board had authority to enter into the proposed Agreement as of October 1, 2014, and that it was in the County’s best interest to enter into the Agreement on that date.
6. Approve the following documents and authorize their submittal to the California Board of State & Community Corrections pursuant to the requirements of the AB 900 program for the South County Detention Facility: Project Scope; Project Schedule; Detailed Cost Estimate by Phase; Preliminary Plan Estimate; Plans and Specifications: and Staffing Plan & Staffing/Operating Cost Analysis.
7. Approve an amendment to Lease Agreement No. 21522 with the Housing Authority of the County of Tulare to add additional buildings, square footage, and increase rents to space located at 546 & 550 E. Tulare, Visalia, CA.
8. Approve an agreement for Purchase of Fee Title and a Temporary Construction Easement from Mt. View Cold Storage LLC for the Avenue 416 Road Widening Project in the amount of $12,500. Authorize County Counsel to sign the Grant Deed and Temporary Construction Easement acceptances upon presentation. Authorize the Property Manager, or designee, to open an escrow and sign all documents to facilitate the escrow for this acquisition. Direct the Auditor to draw a warrant in the amount of $14,500 in favor of Chicago Title Company.
9. Approve an agreement for a Temporary Construction Easement with Sequoia Riverlands Trust for the Road 182/Deep Creek Bridge Re-construction Project in the amount of $500. Direct the Auditor to draw a warrant in the amount of $500 in favor of Sequoia Riverlands Trust.
10. Approve the capital asset purchase and associated software cost to upgrade the Compass Appointments Manager System in the amount of $74,961.50 for the Tulare County Health & Human Services Agency, TulareWORKs Division. Approve the necessary budget adjustments (4/5ths vote required).
11. Approve the acceptance of funds from the Governor’s Office of Emergency Services (Cal OES) for the Fiscal Year 2014 State Homeland Security Grant Program in the amount of $542,173, retroactive to September 1, 2014 through May 31, 2016. Find that the Board had authority to accept the grant funds as of September 1, 2014, and that it was in the County’s best interest to accept the funding on that date. Approve a capital asset purchase of an Electronic Augmented Reality Mapping System for the Sheriff’s aircraft not to exceed $155,000. Approve the necessary budget adjustments for Tulare County Fire, Tulare County Sheriff-Coroner’s Office, and Public Health Emergency Preparedness Program (4/5ths vote required).
(Items Not Timed)
12. Request from Information & Communications Technology to approve an agreement with Verint for the purchase and implementation of the Verint Call Center System in the amount of $346,646 to replace the current Call Center System, effective January 5, 2015 through June 30, 2015. Approve funding for the implementation of the Verint application and related project costs. Approve the necessary budget adjustments (4/5ths vote required).
NOTICE TO THE PUBLIC
As provided in the Ralph M. Brown Act, Government Code sections 54950 et seq., the Board of Supervisors may meet in closed session with members of its staff, county employees and its attorneys. These sessions are not open to the public and may not be attended by members of the public. The matters the Board will meet on in closed session are identified below or are those matters appropriately identified in open session as requiring immediate attention and arising after the posting of the agenda. Any public reports of action taken in the closed session will be made in accordance with Government Code sections 54957.1
Number of Potential Cases: 2
Public Hearing Regarding Amendment to the Tulare County General Plan GPA 14-008, Porterville Area Community Plan 2014 Update; see Board of Supervisors Agenda January 13, 2015
Number of Potential Cases: 2
Number of Potential Cases: 1
Name of Case: Kevin Bohl v. County of Tulare
WCAB Nos: ADJ5751297, ADJ7609306, ADJ7817987
Name of Case: William Shearer v. County of Tulare
WCAB No. ADJ3853239
AIG Claim # 124-123978
Name of Case: James Van Valkenburg v. County of Tulare et al.
Tulare County Superior Court Case Number 11-243113
Agency Designated Representative: Rhonda Sjostrom, Jean Rousseau
Employee Organization: All Certified Employee Organizations
Unrepresented Employees: All Unrepresented Employees except Elected.