MEMBERS OF THE BOARD
PETE VANDER POEL
PHILLIP A. COX
J. STEVEN WORTHLEY –
MIKE ENNIS – Vice Chairman
Board of Supervisors
JEAN M. ROUSSEAU
2800 W. Burrel Avenue
Visalia, CA 93291
FAX (559) 733-6898
9:00 A.M. Board Convenes
Board of Supervisors Chambers
NOTICE TO THE PUBLIC
PUBLIC COMMENT PERIOD
At this time, members of the public may comment on any item not appearing on the agenda. Under state law, matters presented under this item cannot be discussed or acted upon by the Board at this time. For items appearing on the agenda, the public is invited to make comments at the time the item comes up for Board consideration. Any person addressing the Board will be limited to a maximum of three (3) minutes so that all interested parties have an opportunity to speak with a total of fifteen (15) minutes allotted for the Public Comment Period. At all times, please use the microphone and state your name and address for the record.
(Public Comment Period)
NOTICE TO THE PUBLIC
Background information has been provided to the Board on all matters listed under the Consent Agenda, and these items are considered to be routine by the Board. All items under the Consent Agenda are normally approved by one motion. If discussion is requested by any Board member or member of the public on any item, that item will be removed from the Consent Agenda.
4. Approve the capital asset purchase of two (2) Runbeck Sentio Ballot on Demand printers in the amount of $40,000 for each unit, totaling $80,000. Approve the necessary budget adjustments (4/5ths vote required).
5. Appoint Steve Godlin, Member 3 - Permanent Crop Farming and Aubrey Cairns Mauritson, Member 7 - Non-Permanent Crop Farming to the Agricultural Policy Advisory Committee for terms ending June 30, 2018.
6. Approve an agreement with the State of California, Local Entity Formation Assistance Program in the amount of $132,027 to establish governance for the community of Monson. Approve the Resolution to designate the County Administrative Officer, or his designee, to sign and submit claims for reimbursement. Approve the necessary budget adjustments (4/5ths vote required).
7. Approve the bid documents for the South County Detention Facility. Authorize the advertisement of bids for the subject project upon authorization by the State Department of Finance. Set the bid opening for the project at 2:00 p.m. on Thursday, December 3, 2015.
8. Ratify and approve an amendment to Agreement No. 26747 with the California Governor’s Office of Emergency Services to accept additional grant funding in the amount of $62,500 for the Unserved/Underserved Victim Advocacy and Outreach Program, with a match of $15,625, and extend the agreement to March 31, 2016. Ratify the Chairman’s signature on the grant award amendment to Agreement No. 26747. Approve the necessary budget adjustments (4/5ths vote required).
9. Approve an amendment to Memorandum of Understanding No. 26366 with the California Department of Child Support Services to provide online access service to the Child Support Enforcement System from October 6, 2015 through December 2, 2016. Authorize the Director of Tulare County Health & Human Services Agency, or designee, to sign the Memorandum of Understanding.
10. Approve an agreement with the California Department of Public Health for the Sexually Transmitted Disease Prevention and Control Program in an amount not to exceed $82,560, retroactive to July 1, 2015 through June 30, 2019. Find that the Board had authority to enter into the proposed agreement as of July 1, 2015, and that it was in the County’s best interest to enter into the agreement on that date.
12. Approve an agreement with Lane Engineers in the amount of $114,000 to provide Professional Engineering Services for the Avenue 152 Safety Improvement Project. Authorize the Chairman to sign the agreement, subject to review and approval as to form by County Counsel.
14. Approve Program Supplement Agreement No. N086 in the amount of $40,000 with the California Department of Transportation for preliminary engineering of the Avenue 174 over East Friant-Kern Canal Bridge Project. Authorize the Chairman of the Board to sign the agreement, subject to review and approval as to form by County Counsel.
15. Approve Program Supplement Agreement No. N088 in the amount of $397,000 with the California Department of Transportation for construction of the Terra Bella Sidewalk Improvement Project. Authorize the Chairman of the Board to sign the agreement, subject to review and approval as to form by County Counsel.
16. Approve an agreement with AECOM in the amount of $249,946 for planning and engineering consulting services to conduct a Feasibility Study for Alpaugh and Allensworth Regional Water System. Authorize the Chairman to sign the agreement, subject to review and approval as to form by County Counsel.
17. Declare their intent to vacate portions of Avenue 16, Avenue 17, and Avenue 20 Northeast of Richgrove. Set a public hearing for October 27, 2015 at 9:30 a.m. or thereafter in the Board of Supervisors Chambers, 2800 W. Burrel Avenue, Visalia to consider the vacation of the aforementioned road. Direct the Resource Management Agency to publish and post the notice of public hearing in accordance with the Streets and Highways Code.
18. Approve the short sale of real property located at 30595 Coyote Court, Visalia. Approve forgiveness of a County loan in the amount of approximately $28,800. Authorize the Resource Management Agency Assistant Director, Economic Development and Planning Branch to sign any and all documents pertaining to the short sale.
(Items Not Timed)
NOTICE TO THE PUBLIC
As provided in the Ralph M. Brown Act, Government Code sections 54950 et seq., the Board of Supervisors may meet in closed session with members of its staff, county employees and its attorneys. These sessions are not open to the public and may not be attended by members of the public. The matters the Board will meet on in closed session are identified below or are those matters appropriately identified in open session as requiring immediate attention and arising after the posting of the agenda. Any public reports of action taken in closed session will be made in accordance with Government Code section 54957.1.
Name of Case: Sheryl Milton v. County of Tulare,
Workers’ Compensation Appeals Board No: ADJ 9582137
Consultation with: Captain Mike Watson, Sheriff’s Department
FOR THE POSITION OF: Interim County Administrative Officer and/or County Administrative Officer
Agency Designated Representative: Rhonda Sjostrom, Jean M. Rousseau
Employee Organization: All Certified Employee Organizations
Unrepresented Employees: All Unrepresented Employees