MEMBERS OF THE BOARD
ALLEN ISHIDA - Vice Chairman
PETE VANDER POEL
PHILLIP A. COX
J. STEVEN WORTHLEY –
MIKE ENNIS – Chairman
Board of Supervisors
MICHAEL C. SPATA
2800 W. Burrel Avenue
Visalia, CA 93291
FAX (559) 733-6898
9:00 A.M. Board Convenes
Board of Supervisors Chambers
NOTICE TO THE PUBLIC
PUBLIC COMMENT PERIOD
At this time, members of the public may comment on any item not appearing on the agenda. Under state law, matters presented under this item cannot be discussed or acted upon by the Board at this time. For items appearing on the agenda, the public is invited to make comments at the time the item comes up for Board consideration. Any person addressing the Board will be limited to a maximum of three (3) minutes so that all interested parties have an opportunity to speak with a total of fifteen (15) minutes allotted for the Public Comment Period. At all times, please use the microphone and state your name and address for the record.
(Public Comment Period)
NOTICE TO THE PUBLIC
Background information has been provided to the Board on all matters listed under the Consent Agenda, and these items are considered to be routine by the Board. All items under the Consent Agenda are normally approved by one motion. If discussion is requested by any Board member or member of the public on any item, that item will be removed from the Consent Agenda.
3. Approve an amendment to Agreement No. 25245 with Great West Life & Annuity Insurance Company (Great West) to extend the term of the agreement through December 31, 2021 for successive one (1) year periods for recordkeeping and communication services for the full-time 457(b) Deferred Compensation Plan, the Social Security Replacement Plan, and the 401(a) Profit Sharing Plan.
4. Introduce and waive the first reading of an ordinance adding, amending, and repealing various sections of Part VI of the Ordinance Code pertaining to business licenses and regulations. Set the second hearing for January 26, 2016. Direct the Clerk to publish a summary of the ordinance before the second reading as required by law.
8. Reject the Blue Ridge Tower Project Bids received December 2, 2015. Approve the revised bid documents for the Blue Ridge Tower Project. Authorize the advertisement of bids for the subject project. Set the bid opening for the project at 2:00 p.m. Thursday, February 18, 2016.
11. Authorize the acceptance of $150,000 from Kings County as a result of the cost share agreement for Suicide Prevention Task Force operations and continuing projects for Fiscal Year 2015/2016. Approve the necessary budget adjustments (4/5ths vote required).
12. Approve an amendment to Agreement No. 26983 with Tulare County Superintendent of Schools for the Nutrition Education and Obesity Prevention Program to promote increased fruit and vegetable consumption and physical activity among Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program eligible population in an amount not to exceed $1,050,000, retroactive to November 20, 2013 through September 30, 2016. Find that the Board had the authority to enter into the proposed amendment as of November 20, 2013, and that it was in the County’s best interest to enter into the amendment on that date.
15. Approve an agreement with Exeter Unified School District to receive immunizations or public health services from Tulare County Health & Human Services Agency, retroactive from July 1, 2015 through June 30, 2018. Find that the Board had the authority to enter into the proposed agreement as of July 1, 2015, and that it was in the County’s best interest to enter into the agreement on that date.
16. Approve the agreement with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention for the Public Health Associate Program, retroactive from October 4, 2015 to October 3, 2017. Find that the Board had the authority to enter into the proposed agreement as of October 4, 2015, and that it was in the County’s best interest to enter into the agreement on that date.
17. Approve an agreement between the Tulare County Health & Human Services Agency, Child Welfare Services Division, and the Tulare Joint Union High School District to coordinate services and improve communication with children in foster care effective upon signature through June 30, 2018.
18. Approve a Memorandum of Understanding with the California Department of Child Support Services to provide online access service to the Child Support Enforcement System on the date executed by the Department of Child Support Services and shall be in effect for 36 months thereafter.
19. Declare intent to grant Southern California Edison Company (SCEC) the right, privilege and a franchise for a term of 25 years to use and construct poles, wires, conduits and appurtenances for the purpose of transmitting and distributing electricity for all purposes: under, over, along, across and upon the public streets, ways, alleys and places within the County. Approve the Notice of Intent to be published as least once within 15 days after this date in the Visalia Times Delta, a news publication of general circulation. Authorize the Environmental Assessment Officer, or designee, to sign and file the Notice of Exemption with the County Clerk. Introduce and waive the first reading of an ordinance repealing Uncodified Ordinance Number 1047 and adding a new Uncodified Ordinance pertaining to a franchise agreement with SCEC. Set a Public Hearing for February 2, 2016 at 9:30 a.m. or thereafter. Direct the Clerk of the Board to publish a summary of the ordinance at least five days prior to the second reading, as required by law.
(Items Not Timed)
20. Request from County Administrative Office/General Services - Property Management to publicly consummate the purchase of a portion of the real property at 10736 Simpson Dr. in Monson. Approve purchase of the subject property for a price of $35,000 and authorize the Chairman to sign the Agreement of Purchase and Sale. Direct the County Environmental Assessment Officer, or his designee, to file a Notice of Exemption with the Clerk-Recorder. Authorize the County Administrative Officer, or his designee, to execute all additional documents to consummate this purchase of real property. Direct the Auditor to draw a warrant in favor of First American Title Company in the amount of $36,500 upon request made by the County Administrative Officer, or his designee. Approve the necessary budget adjustments (4/5ths vote required). Find that the location of this property purchase is not based primarily on a consideration of the lower cost of acquiring land in an agricultural preserve. Find that there is no other land within or outside the agricultural preserve that is reasonably feasible as a site for the intended purpose.
NOTICE TO THE PUBLIC
As provided in the Ralph M. Brown Act, Government Code sections 54950 et seq., the Board of Supervisors may meet in closed session with members of its staff, county employees and its attorneys. These sessions are not open to the public and may not be attended by members of the public. The matters the Board will meet on in closed session are identified below or are those matters appropriately identified in open session as requiring immediate attention and arising after the posting of the agenda. Any public reports of action taken in closed session will be made in accordance with Government Code section 54957.1.
Number of Potential Cases: 3
Board of Supervisors agenda item today whereby staff is requesting the Board to reject all bids for the Blue Ridge Tower project and authorize the advertisement for bids of newly revised bid documents.
Number of Potential Cases: 1
Number of Potential Cases: 3
Name of Case: Westmoreland vs. County of Tulare,
Tulare County Superior Court Case No.: VCU258999
Number of Potential Cases: 80
Workers’ compensation claims through AIG
FOR THE POSITION OF: Board Representative
Agency Designated Representative: Rhonda Sjostrom, Michael C. Spata
Employee Organization: Al Certified Employee Organizations
Unrepresented Employees: All Unrepresented Employees