MEMBERS OF THE BOARD
ALLEN ISHIDA – Vice Chairman
PETE VANDER POEL
PHILLIP A. COX
J. STEVEN WORTHLEY
MIKE ENNIS – Chairman
Board of Supervisors
MICHAEL C. SPATA
2800 W. Burrel Avenue
Visalia, CA 93291
FAX (559) 733-6898
9:00 A.M. Board Convenes
Board of Supervisors Chambers
NOTICE TO THE PUBLIC
PUBLIC COMMENT PERIOD
At this time, members of the public may comment on any item not appearing on the agenda. Under state law, matters presented under this item cannot be discussed or acted upon by the Board at this time. For items appearing on the agenda, the public is invited to make comments at the time the item comes up for Board consideration. Any person addressing the Board will be limited to a maximum of three (3) minutes so that all interested parties have an opportunity to speak with a total of fifteen (15) minutes allotted for the Public Comment Period. At all times, please use the microphone and state your name and address for the record.
(Public Comment Period)
4. PUBLIC HEARING: Request from the Resource Management Agency to approve the Agricultural Preserve Disestablishment No. PAD 13-001 for the 80 acres of Agricultural Preserve No. 224, owned by Con Edison Development Inc., located on the southwest corner of Avenue 46 and Road 50, approximately two miles southeast of Alpaugh in southwestern Tulare County.
NOTICE TO THE PUBLIC
Background information has been provided to the Board on all matters listed under the Consent Agenda, and these items are considered to be routine by the Board. All items under the Consent Agenda are normally approved by one motion. If discussion is requested by any Board member or member of the public on any item, that item will be removed from the Consent Agenda.
6. Approve a budget adjustment transfer in the amount of $250,000 from Miscellaneous Administration to Miscellaneous Criminal Justice to cover costs associated with multiple defendant cases (4/5ths vote required).
7. Determine that the failure of two County wells located at the Bob Wiley Detention Facility and one at Mooney Grove Park, originally declared an emergency by the Board of Supervisors on June 2, 2015, is a continuing emergency (4/5ths vote required).
9. Approve the Memorandum of Understanding with the City of Porterville, Porterville Irrigation District, Saucelito Irrigation District, Teapot Dome Water District, Terra Bella Irrigation District, Vandalia Water District, and the County of Tulare to form the Eastern Tule Groundwater Sustainability Agency.
10. Approve a Memorandum of Understanding with Alta Irrigation District, County of Fresno, Orange Cove Irrigation District, Hills Valley Irrigation District, Tri-Valley Water District, City of Dinuba, City of Reedley, City of Orange Cove, London Community Services District, Orosi Public Utility District, Cutler Public Utility District, East Orosi Community Services District, Sultana Community Services District, Kings River Water District, and the County of Tulare to form a Groundwater Sustainability Agency.
11. Approve an amendment to Agreement No. 21522 with the Housing Authority of the County of Tulare to add additional buildings, square footage and increase rents to spaces located at 546 and 550 E. Tulare, Visalia, CA.
13. Ratify and approve the submission of a grant application for a Federal Emergency Management Agency Assistance to Firefighters Grant to purchase one Bauer Mini Unicus fixed or mobile self-contained breathing apparatus filling station. Ratify and approve the Fire Chief’s, or his designee, signature on the grant application. Find that the Board had authority to submit the grant application on January 15, 2016 and that it was in the County’s best interest to submit the grant application on that date.
16. Approve an event permit for the “End of the Trail Half Marathon and 10K” to be held each year in and near the City of Visalia. Approve the annual “End of the Trail Half Marathon and 10K” to be an on-going event for future years until such time as conditions of the event and/or the location change, and subject to timely submittal of a complete application for each annual event.
17. Approve a claim to the Tulare County Association of Governments in the amount of $1,008,284 for Regional Surface Transportation Program Funds in exchange for State Highway Account Funds for Fiscal Year 2014/2015. Authorize the Resource Management Agency Fiscal Services Director to sign the Claim.
18. Authorize the fixed asset purchase of traffic safety devices for seven locations. Authorize Resource Management Agency – Public Works to seek bids through the County Purchasing Department to install safety appurtenances on Avenue 416 near the intersection of Road 120. Determine that the various Community Traffic Safety Device Improvements are exempt from the California Environmental Quality Act pursuant to the adopted State of California CEQA guidelines Section 15301 and that the Environmental Assessment Office is directed to sign and file a Notice of Exemption with the Tulare County Clerk. Approve the necessary budget adjustments (4/5ths vote required).
(Items Not Timed)
NOTICE TO THE PUBLIC
As provided in the Ralph M. Brown Act, Government Code sections 54950 et seq., the Board of Supervisors may meet in closed session with members of its staff, county employees and its attorneys. These sessions are not open to the public and may not be attended by members of the public. The matters the Board will meet on in closed session are identified below or are those matters appropriately identified in open session as requiring immediate attention and arising after the posting of the agenda. Any public reports of action taken in closed session will be made in accordance with Government Code section 54957.1.
Number of Potential Cases: 2
Proposal to Approve Agricultural Preserve Disestablishment 480 Acres of Agricultural Preserve Number 224 Owned by Con Edison Development Located on the Southwest Corner of Avenue 46 and Road 50 Approximately 2 Miles Southwest of Alpaugh and Southwest Tulare County; see Board of Supervisors agenda March 8, 2016
Name of Case: Cuevas v. Tulare County
Visalia Superior Court No. VCU255143
Name of Case: City of Exeter vs. County of Tulare
Visalia Superior Court No. 262516
Number of Potential Cases: 1
Employee Organization: All Certified Employee Organizations
Unrepresented Employees: All Unrepresented Employees