MEMBERS OF THE BOARD
ALLEN ISHIDA – Vice Chairman
PETE VANDER POEL
PHILLIP A. COX
J. STEVEN WORTHLEY
MIKE ENNIS – Chairman
Board of Supervisors
MICHAEL C. SPATA
2800 W. Burrel Avenue
Visalia, CA 93291
FAX (559) 733-6898
9:00 A.M. Board Convenes
Board of Supervisors Chambers
NOTICE TO THE PUBLIC
PUBLIC COMMENT PERIOD
At this time, members of the public may comment on any item not appearing on the agenda. Under state law, matters presented under this item cannot be discussed or acted upon by the Board at this time. For items appearing on the agenda, the public is invited to make comments at the time the item comes up for Board consideration. Any person addressing the Board will be limited to a maximum of three (3) minutes so that all interested parties have an opportunity to speak with a total of fifteen (15) minutes allotted for the Public Comment Period. At all times, please use the microphone and state your name and address for the record.
(Public Comment Period)
NOTICE TO THE PUBLIC
Background information has been provided to the Board on all matters listed under the Consent Agenda, and these items are considered to be routine by the Board. All items under the Consent Agenda are normally approved by one motion. If discussion is requested by any Board member or member of the public on any item, that item will be removed from the Consent Agenda.
4. Authorize the sale, at internet auction, of tax-defaulted properties, subject to the Power to Sell and limitations imposed by other provisions of the law, including automatic stays, according to Chapter 7 of Part 6 of Division 1 of the California Revenue and Taxation Code to begin on June 2, 2016 through June 6, 2016, ending time to be staggered every 15 minutes starting at 10:00 a.m. on June 6, 2016. Authorize the re-offer of any parcel starting August 4, 2016 through August 8, 2016, that does not sell at the end of the June 2016 auction at a lower minimum bid amount [§ 3698.5(c)]. Authorize a $5,000 refundable deposit for unsuccessful bidders during registration [§ 3692(e)].
9. Approve the bid documents for the Porterville Wellness and Recovery Center Remodel Project. Authorize the advertisement of bids for the subject project. Set the bid opening for the project at 2:00 p.m. on April 20, 2016.
10. Award the contract for the Blue Ridge Tower Project to the lowest responsible bidder, P & R Tower Company, Inc. in the amount of $332,211. Authorize the Chairman to sign the construction agreement upon receipt of certificates of insurance, bonds, license verification, and contract subject to review and approval as to form by County Counsel. Approve the necessary budget adjustments (4/5ths vote required).
11. Approve an agreement for Lease of Premises with Hyde Children Family Partnership II, a California limited partnership; David G. Hyde, as Trustee for the David G. Hyde Trust and Shelley Hyde, an individual, for lease of space located at 3500 W. Mineral King, Suite A, Visalia, CA. Approve Exhibit D – Memorandum of Lease for property at 3500 W. Mineral King, Suite A, Visalia, CA. Authorize the Chairman to sign Exhibit D – Memorandum of Lease, subject to County Counsel approval as to form. Authorize the County Administrative Officer or designee to record Exhibit D - Memorandum of Lease, upon execution by the Chairman.
12. Approve an amendment to Agreement No. 26888 with the California State Department of Health Care Services to increase the agreement by $21,493 to a maximum of $17,156,200 for combined Drug Medi-Cal and Net Negotiated Funds to provide Substance Use Disorder services, retroactive to July 1, 2014 through June 30, 2017. Find that the Board had authority to enter into the proposed amendment as of July 1, 2014, and that it was in the County's best interest to enter into the amendment on that date.
13. Approve an amendment to Agreement No. 26229 with the California Department of Public Health, Office of AIDS, for Ryan White Human Immunodeficiency Virus Care Program to increase the budget from the original $460,753 to a maximum not to exceed $525,256, retroactive to July 1, 2013 through March 31, 2016. Find that the Board had authority to enter into the proposed amendment as of July 1, 2013, and that it was in the County’s best interest to enter into the amendment on that date.
14. Ratify and approve an amendment to Agreement No. 27360 with the State of California in an amount not to exceed $115,000 for the emergency purchase of water for the Household Tank Program, retroactive to February 23, 2016 through September 30, 2016. Find that the Board had the authority to enter into the proposed amendment as of February 23, 2016, and that it was in the County’s best interest to enter into the amendment on that date.
15. Approve a Memorandum of Understanding between the County of Tulare and the Tulare County Professional Firefighters Association, Bargaining Unit #23, retroactive to July 1, 2015 and continuing through June 30, 2017. Find that the Board had authority to enter into the proposed agreement as of July 1, 2015 and that it was in the County’s best interest to enter into the agreement on that date.
16. Approve an agreement with Verizon California Inc. in the amount of $180,000 to provide service in rural areas of Tulare County for the period of March 31, 2016 to March 31, 2019, subject to review and approval as to form by County Counsel.
17. Introduce and waive the first reading of an Ordinance amending Chapter 23 of Part I of the Ordinance Code of Tulare County, pertaining to Administrative Enforcement of the Ordinance Code and Zoning Ordinance No. 352, Notices of Violation, Appeals, and Administrative Fines and Penalties (including Costs). Set the public hearing for March 29, 2016.
18. Approve a Memorandum of Understanding between Tulare County Sheriff’s Department and the State of California Campaign Against Marijuana Planting Program to provide task force services for the period of July 1, 2016 through October 15, 2016.
19. Approve an agreement with California Department of Parks and Recreation, Division of Boating and Waterways, in an amount not to exceed $256,932 for the Boating Safety and Enforcement Financial Aid Program for the period of July 1, 2016 to June 30, 2017. Authorize the County Administrative Officer, or his authorized designee, to submit claims for reimbursement.
(Items Not Timed)
20. Request from the District Attorney's Office to approve a personnel resolution adding two Victim Witness Worker I/II position allocations for the Victim/Witness Assistance Program effective March 20, 2016. If grant funding is not sufficient to fully fund these additional positions in future Fiscal Years, such positions shall be deleted so as not to incur any Net County Cost, unless there are extenuation circumstances justifying retention of the affected positions and such positions shall be approved by the Board of Supervisors.
21. Request from the District Attorney's Office to approve a new position classification and the job specifications for Chief Deputy District Attorney. Approve a personnel resolution adding one Chief Deputy District Attorney position allocation, effective March 20, 2016. Approve the amended job specifications for the Assistant District Attorney position classification, effective March 20, 2016.
22. Request from the County Administrative Office to approve the reorganization of the County Administrative Office. Direct the County Administrative Officer to implement the direction of the Board of Supervisors.
NOTICE TO THE PUBLIC
As provided in the Ralph M. Brown Act, Government Code sections 54950 et seq., the Board of Supervisors may meet in closed session with members of its staff, county employees and its attorneys. These sessions are not open to the public and may not be attended by members of the public. The matters the Board will meet on in closed session are identified below or are those matters appropriately identified in open session as requiring immediate attention and arising after the posting of the agenda. Any public reports of action taken in closed session will be made in accordance with Government Code section 54957.1.
[Government Code Section 54956.9(d)(1)]
Tulare County Superior Court Case Number: VCU264339
FOR THE POSITION OF: Board Representative
(Government Code Section 54957.6)
Employee Organization: All Certified Employee Organizations
Unrepresented Employees: All Unrepresented Employees