MEMBERS OF THE BOARD
PETE VANDER POEL - Chairman
J. STEVEN WORTHLEY – Vice Chairman
Board of Supervisors
MICHAEL C. SPATA
2800 W. Burrel Avenue
Visalia, CA 93291
FAX (559) 733-6898
9:00 A.M. Board Convenes
Board of Supervisors Chambers
NOTICE TO THE PUBLIC
PUBLIC COMMENT PERIOD
At this time, members of the public may comment on any item not appearing on the agenda. Under state law, matters presented under this item cannot be discussed or acted upon by the Board at this time. For items appearing on the agenda, the public is invited to make comments at the time the item comes up for Board consideration. Any person addressing the Board will be limited to a maximum of three (3) minutes so that all interested parties have an opportunity to speak with a total of fifteen (15) minutes allotted for the Public Comment Period. At all times, please use the microphone and state your name and address for the record.
(Public Comment Period)
NOTICE TO THE PUBLIC
Background information has been provided to the Board on all matters listed under the Consent Agenda, and these items are considered to be routine by the Board. All items under the Consent Agenda are normally approved by one motion. If discussion is requested by any Board member or member of the public on any item, that item will be removed from the Consent Agenda.
4. Approve a capital asset expenditure for repairs and upgrades on the Agricultural Commissioner's buildings in an amount not to exceed $38,852. Approve the necessary budget adjustments (4/5ths vote required).
6. Appoint Alex Elliott, Child Care Provider, Elvira Barron, Agency Representative, and Teresa Ramos, At-Large Member to the Tulare County Council on Child & Youth Development for terms ending June 30, 2018.
9. Reappoint Erin Brooks, Seat 6 - At Large, Gail Jones, Seat 7 - Consumer, George T. Allen, Seat 8 - Family, Willie J. Carrillo, Seat 9 - At Large, and Dr. David D. Wood, Seat 10 - At Large to the Mental Health Board for terms ending December 31, 2019.
10. Reappoint Pamela K. Whitmire, District 1, Erica Tootle, At-Large Member, Rachele Berglund, At-Large Member, and Alex McDavid, At-Large Member to the Library Advisory Board for terms ending December 31, 2020.
13. Approve an agreement with the Superior Court of California for the County of Tulare Family Law Facilitator, retroactive to August 1, 2016 through July 31, 2019. Find that the Board had authority to enter into the Plan of Cooperation agreement as of August 1, 2016 and that it was in the County's best interest to enter into the Plan of Cooperation agreement on that date.
14. Approve and authorize the payment of utility connection fees to the City of Porterville in an amount not to exceed $846,358.87 for construction of the South County Detention Facility. Approve and authorize additional related payments to the City of Porterville for permitting, review, metering, and other costs associated with utility connection, installation, and service in an amount not to exceed $150,000.
15. Approve an increase to the Capital Projects budget for Fiscal Year 2016/2017 in an amount not to exceed $38,852 for the Agricultural Commissioner Improvement Projects. Approve the necessary budget adjustment (4/5ths vote required).
16. Approve an agreement for purchase of a Temporary Construction Easement from Dino Partners, L. P. for the Avenue 416 Road Widening Project in an amount not to exceed $560. Direct the Auditor to draw a warrant in an amount not to exceed $560 in favor of Dino Partners, L. P.
17. Accept a portion of the Irrevocable Offer to Dedicate Real Property at the Northwest corner of Avenue 280 and Roeben Street that was offered for dedication by irrevocable Offer to Dedicate Real Property recorded in the office of the Tulare County Recorder on December 29, 2016 as Document Number 2016-0082926. Direct the Clerk of the Board to cause a certified copy of the resolution accepting the irrevocable Offer of Dedication to be recorded in the office of the Tulare County Recorder.
18. Approve an agreement for Purchase of a Southern California Edison Easement from Jim and Laura Goodwin for the Avenue 280 Road Widening Project in an amount not to exceed $500. Direct the Auditor to draw a warrant in an amount not to exceed $500 in favor of Jim Goodwin.
19. Award the agreement for the Pre-Trial Rail Enhancement Project to the lowest responsive bidder, Greg Peterson Construction in an amount not to exceed $184,839 (4/5ths vote required). Determined that the architect's cost estimate for the project, proposed by the County, was reasonable (4/5ths vote required). Approve the necessary budget adjustment (4/5ths vote required).
23. Adopt the Theft Policy of the Information Technology Security Program. Adopt the Mobile Device Policy of the Information Technology Security Program. Adopt the changes to the Table of Contents of the Information Technology Security Program.
24. Approve the disposition of AB 109 excess Base Funding allocation of $544,419.45 for Fiscal Year 2015/2016. Approve the distribution of AB 109 Growth Funding of $587,520 for Fiscal Year 2015/2016. Approve the necessary budget adjustments to the Fiscal Year 2016/2017 budget of the Probation Department and Sheriff's Office (4/5ths vote required).
25. Authorize the filing of a Notice of Full Non-Renewal for the following one (1) Land Conservation Contract, as provided in the Williamson Act. The request fulfills a condition resulting from one (1) tentative parcel map. WAN 16-030 – Williamson Act Contract No. 7451, Ag Preserve No. 2537, located on the north side of Avenue 72, approximately 1,324 feet east of Road 224, south of Terra Bella) (APN 320-340-021) (Jack & Camilla Wheat) (10± acres to be Non-Renewed as a condition of PPM 16-027) (No contract amendment required for a full non-renewal.) Authorize the filing of Notices of Partial Non-Renewal for the following two (2) Land Conservation Contracts, as provided in the Williamson Act. The request fulfills conditions resulting from two (2) tentative parcel maps. WAN 16-026 – Williamson Act Contract No. 3798, Ag Preserve No. 0836, located on the southeast corner of Avenue 404 and Road 96, southeast of Dinuba (APN 030-230-001) (Cedric J. and Violet M. Riano) (1.75 acres to be Non-Renewed as a condition of PPM 16-011) (60.41 acres are subject to contract amendment.) WAN 16-031 – Williamson Act Contract No. 7236, Ag. Preserve No. 2467, located on the northwest corner of Avenue 160 and Road 144, northeast of Tipton (APN 232-110-009) (South Fork Land Holding, LLC) (1.31 acres to be Non-Renewed as a condition of PPM 16-024) (160± acres are subject to contract amendment.) Approve the execution of amendments to the Land Conservation Contracts as conditions of approval for the aforementioned Partial NonRenewals.
Brough Construction, Inc. $1,571,675.00
Grizzly Construction, Inc. $1,654,871.00
West Valley Construction Co., Inc. $1,667,124.00
Agee Construction $1,683,350.00
Smith Construction Co., Inc. $1,705,937.24
JT2, Inc. dba Todd Companies $2,413,937.00
Engineer’s Estimate $1,168,215.00
27. Authorize the Tulare County Sheriff's Office to participate in the California State Parks Division of Boating and Waterways Financial Aid Program for the Fiscal Year 2017/2018. Authorize the Chairman, or their designated representative, the Tulare County Sheriff, to sign each reimbursement claim. Authorize the County Auditor to certify the amount or prior year vessel taxes received by the County.
28. Ratify and accept a grant award cooperative agreement from the U.S. Department of Justice, Office of Justice Programs in an amount not to exceed $97,432 for the period of October 1, 2016 through September 30, 2018. Find that the Board had authority to enter into the proposed agreement as of October 1, 2016, and that it was in the County's best interest to enter into the agreement on that date. Authorize the necessary budget adjustments (4/5ths vote required). Approve the sole-source purchase from Taser International, Inc. for the purchase of body worn camera equipment and associated operational software. Authorize the purchasing agent to waive the formal bidding process and make the sole-source purchase.
29. Approve an amendment to Agreement No. 26196 with Cutler-Orosi Unified School District, to extend the term of the agreement to June 30, 2017 in an amount not to exceed $98,688 for providing a school resource officer on district campuses. Find that the Board had the authority to enter into the proposed amendment as of July 1, 2016, and that it was in the County's best interest to enter into the agreement on that date.
30. Approve payment for a renewal maintenance agreement with NEC Corporation of America in an amount not to exceed $103,274, for the period of November 23, 2016 through November 22, 2017. Find that the Board had authority to enter into the agreement on that date and that it was in the County's best interest to enter into the agreement on that date.
31. Approve an amendment to Agreement No. 19966 with EBA Engineering to extend the term of the agreement to December 31, 2020 to provide additional CQA design and permitting services at the Visalia Landfill and to increase the total amount that may be paid for services under this agreement by $918,774 to $2,617,853. Approve the necessary budget adjustments (4/5ths vote required).
(Items Not Timed)
NOTICE TO THE PUBLIC
As provided in the Ralph M. Brown Act, Government Code sections 54950 et seq., the Board of Supervisors may meet in closed session with members of its staff, county employees and its attorneys. These sessions are not open to the public and may not be attended by members of the public. The matters the Board will meet on in closed session are identified below or are those matters appropriately identified in open session as requiring immediate attention and arising after the posting of the agenda. Any public reports of action taken in closed session will be made in accordance with Government Code section 54957.1.
Significant Exposure to Litigation [Government Code Section 54956.9(d)(2)]
Threat of litigation regarding Tulare County Agreement No. 26689-A
[Government Code Section 54956.9(d)(4)]
[Government Code Section 54956.9(d)(1)]
Public Employment Relations Board Charge No:. SA-CE-748-M (On remand from California Court of Appeal, Fifth Appellate District Case No. F071240)
(Government Code Section 54957.6)
Employee Organization: All Certified Employee Organizations
Unrepresented Employees: All Unrepresented Employees.