MEMBERS OF THE BOARD
KUYLER CROCKER – Vice Chairman
PETE VANDER POEL
J. STEVEN WORTHLEY – Chairman
Board of Supervisors
MICHAEL C. SPATA
County Administrative Officer
DEANNE H. PETERSON
2800 W. Burrel Avenue
Visalia, CA 93291
FAX (559) 733-6898
9:00 A.M. Board Convenes
Board of Supervisors Chambers
NOTICE TO THE PUBLIC
PUBLIC COMMENT PERIOD
At this time, members of the public may comment on any item not appearing on the agenda. Under state law, matters presented under this item cannot be discussed or acted upon by the Board at this time. For items appearing on the agenda, the public is invited to make comments at the time the item comes up for Board consideration. Any person addressing the Board will be limited to a maximum of three (3) minutes so that all interested parties have an opportunity to speak with a total of fifteen (15) minutes allotted for the Public Comment Period. At all times, please use the microphone and state your name and address for the record.
(Public Comment Period)
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, requests for disability-related modification or accommodation needed in order to participate in the meeting must be made to the Clerk of the Board of Supervisors (559) 636-5000 no later than Monday at 9:00 a.m.
NOTICE TO THE PUBLIC
Background information has been provided to the Board on all matters listed under the Consent Agenda, and these items are considered to be routine by the Board. All items under the Consent Agenda are normally approved by one motion. If discussion is requested by any Board member or member of the public on any item, that item will be removed from the Consent Agenda.
3. Approve an agreement with the California Department of Food and Agriculture to provide State funding of $35,999.96 to offset costs of providing fruit and vegetable inspection services for the State Standardization program retroactive from July 1, 2018 through June 30, 2019. Find that the Board had authority to enter into the proposed Agreement as of July 1, 2018, and that it was in the County's best interest to enter into the Agreement on that date.
4. Reappoint Ben Curti to the Member 1-Dairy/Confined Livestock Seat, Aubrey Cairns-Mauritson to the Member 3-Permanent Crop Farming Seat, Derek Williams to the Member 5-Allied Ag Support Business Seat, and Patrick Isherwood to the Member 10-Building Industry Seat to the Agricultural Policy Advisory Committee for terms ending June 30, 2022.
5. Approve an agreement with Journal Technologies, Inc. to purchase the eProsecutor case management system in an amount not to exceed $476,000, including $196,000 for an annual license and maintenance fee, and $280,000 for one-time fees for installation, training, data conversion, and project management. Waive the bid process otherwise required by the Purchasing Ordinance and authorize the sole-source purchase for the system.
6. Approve the bid documents for the Probation Vocational Education Building Project. Authorize the advertisement of bids for the subject project. Set the bid opening for the project at 2:00 p.m. on Wednesday, September 26, 2018.
7. Approve an amendment to Agreement No. 27498, a Memorandum of Understanding with the non-profit Tulare Mental Health Services Act Housing, Inc., effective upon signatures to increase funding in an estimated amount of $2,092,282 for permanent supportive housing projects in the cities of Tulare and Porterville. Authorize the Tulare County Health & Human Services Agency, Mental Health Branch, to release funds from the Mental Health Services Act trust fund reserve in the estimated amount of $2,092,282.
8. Approve an amendment to Agreement No. 28041 with the California Department of Public Health Office of AIDS, for the Ryan White Human Immunodeficiency Virus Care Program to receive an amount not to exceed $226,856. This amendment is necessary to update program budget, and extend the agreement period an additional two (2) years. This amendment is retroactive from November 30, 2016 through September 29, 2020. Find that the Board had authority to enter into the proposed amendment as of November 30, 2016, and that it was in the County's best interest to enter into the agreement on the date.
9. Approve an agreement with California State University, Fresno Foundation, for the delivery of direct training, field based training, and coaching to Child Welfare staff, and others as specified by County in an amount no to exceed $134,403, retroactive from July 1, 2018, through June 30, 2019. Find that the Board had the authority to enter into the agreement as of July 1, 2018, and that it was in the County's best interest to enter into the agreement on that date.
10. Approve the Memorandum of Understanding between the County, by and through the Tulare County Health and Human Services Agency, Public Guardian Office, and California State University, Fresno, to coordinate services and allow California State University, Fresno students to earn hours towards a Bachelors of Science Degree in Criminology. This Memorandum of Understanding is effective, August 21, 2018 through June 30, 2023.
15. Approve a grant award agreement with the California Office of Traffic Safety (OTS) for Intensive Probation Supervision for High Risk Felony and Repeat Driving Under the Influence Offenders in the amount of $87,004 for the period of October 1, 2018 through September 30, 2019.
16. Authorize the Resource Management Agency Director or his designee to apply for $218,274 of SB1 State of Good Repair transit funds for use on the Transit Operations and Maintenance Facility project.
18. Approve an agreement with the Tulare County Office of Education to provide School Resource Officer services on a district campus in an amount not to exceed $81,139, retroactive from August 13, 2018 through June 6, 2019.
(Items Not Timed)
19. Request from the Resource Management Agency to approve and award the contract to the lowest responsive and responsible bidder, DOD Construction from Bakersfield, California, in the amount of $616,036 for construction of 2017 Community Improvements Project - Phase 3 (Azalea Avenue and Road 159, Ivanhoe, and Avenue 308 between Dollarhide Road and Effie Drive, Goshen). Authorize the Chairman to sign the contract after review and approval as to form by County Counsel and upon receipt of certificates of insurance, bonds and evidence that the contractor possesses a valid State Contractors License. Allow funds for contingencies in the amount of $43,301 to cover unexpected construction conditions. Authorize the Director of the Resource Management Agency or his designee to approve change orders up to the amount of $43,301.
NOTICE TO THE PUBLIC
As provided in the Ralph M. Brown Act, Government Code sections 54950 et seq., the Board of Supervisors may meet in closed session with members of its staff, county employees and its attorneys. These sessions are not open to the public and may not be attended by members of the public. The matters the Board will meet on in closed session are identified below or are those matters appropriately identified in open session as requiring immediate attention and arising after the posting of the agenda. Any public reports of action taken in closed session will be made in accordance with Government Code section 54957.1.
[Government Code Section 54956.9(d)(4)]
[Government Code Section 54956.9(d)(1)]
Workers’ Compensation Appeals Board No.: ADJ8157424
(Government Code Section 54957)
The Board may meet in a continuous closed session each business day on this topic beginning immediately upon recess of the open portion of this meeting through August 27, 2018.
(Government Code Section 54957.6)
Employee Organizations: All Certified Employee Organizations
Unrepresented Employees: All Unrepresented Employees.