MEMBERS OF THE BOARD
KUYLER CROCKER – Chairman
PETE VANDER POEL – Vice Chairman
Board of Supervisors
JASON T. BRITT
County Administrative Officer
DEANNE H. PETERSON
2800 W. Burrel Avenue
Visalia, CA 93291
FAX (559) 733-6898
9:00 A.M. Board Convenes
Board of Supervisors Chambers
NOTICE TO THE PUBLIC
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), if you need special assistance to participate in this meeting, please contact the Clerk of the Board of Supervisors as soon as possible during office hours at (559) 636-5000 or at firstname.lastname@example.org. Reasonable requests made at least 48 hours in advance of the meeting will help to ensure accessibility to this meeting.
PUBLIC COMMENT PERIOD: Members of the public may comment on any item not appearing on the agenda. Under state law, matters presented under this item cannot be discussed or acted upon by the Board at this time. For items appearing on the agenda, the public is invited to make comments at the time the item comes up for Board consideration. Please complete and submit a comment card indicating your interest in that particular agenda item. Any person addressing the Board will be limited to a maximum of three (3) minutes so that all interested parties have an opportunity to speak, with a total of fifteen (15) minutes allotted for the Public Comment Period. At all times, please use the microphone and state your name and address for the record.
Documents related to the items on this Agenda are available for public inspection in the Clerk of the Board of Supervisors Office, 2800 W. Burrel Avenue, Visalia, CA during normal business hours, 7:30 a.m – 5:30 p.m., Monday through Thursday and 8:00 a.m -12:00 p.m. on Friday. Such documents are also available online, subject to staff's ability to post the documents before the meeting, at the following website: bosagendas.co.tulare.ca.us
NOTICE TO THE PUBLIC
These items are routine and usually approved by one motion. Before action by the Board, the Chairman will ask the Board Members and the public if they wish to remove any item from the Consent Calendar for separate consideration. Items removed from the Consent Calendar may be heard immediately before or after the approval of the Consent Calendar, or may be set aside until later in the morning.
8. Reappoint Brent Calvin, Higher Education Seat; Colby Wells, Business Seat; David Pena, Labor Seat; Harroll Wiley, Business Seat; Patricia Stever Blattler, Business Seat; Randy Baerg, Business Seat; Yolanda Valdez, Title II Adult Education and Literacy Seat; on the Workforce Investment Board of Tulare County for terms ending June 30, 2021.
11. Ratify and approve an agreement to accept grant funding from the State of California Office of Traffic Safety in an amount not to exceed $175,000 for five sets of Hurst (better known as Jaws of Life) extrication equipment, for the grant period of October 1, 2019 through September 30, 2020, retroactive from August 23, 2019. Find that the Board had authority to authorize the Fire Chief to sign the State of California Office of Traffic Safety Grant Agreement for the Regional Collision Response and Extrication Improvement Program on August 23, 2019, and that it was in the County's best interest to execute the grant by that date. Ratify the Fire Chief's signature on the agreement.
12. Adopt a Resolution authorizing the execution and delivery of a Facility Sublease for and ratifying all previous actions with respect to the South County Detention Facility and authorizing certain actions in connection therewith. Authorize the Board Chairman to execute the Resolution on behalf of the Board. Authorize the County Administrative Officer or designee to execute the Facility Sublease and all other documents required of the County for issuance of the State’s AB 900 Lease-Revenue Bonds 2019 Series C.
13. Approve the termination of Agreement No. 28626 with Arieh R. Whisenhunt, M.D. effective October 17, 2019. Authorize the Director of the Mental Health Branch of Tulare County Health and Human Services to sign and issue the Notice of Termination to Arieh R. Whisenhunt, M.D.
14. Approve an amendment to Agreement No. 28475 with the California Department of Public Health for the Oral Health Program to restructure the amounts payable under the grant by removing the budget period allocations and providing for a total funding amount over the full term of the agreement in an amount not to exceed $1,669,685, retroactive from April 5, 2018 through June 30, 2022.
15. Approve an agreement with Equifax Information Services, LLC. to provide consumer report services for Tulare County Health and Human Services Agency, effective September 17, 2019 and shall automatically renew annually, until such a time that either party elects to terminate.
16. Ratify the submission of a grant application retroactive from June 5, 2019 to the Capture Cares Foundation in an amount not to exceed $25,000 in funding to be used for the local homeless population. Ratify and authorize the Tulare County Health and Human Services Agency Director, or their designee, authorization to submit the grant application. Approve a grant from the Capture Cares Foundation to accept one-time funding in an amount not to exceed $25,000 to initiate the Tulare County P.A.C.K. (Project Access Care Kit) effort to provide supply kits to the local homeless population effective September 30, 2019 through March 31, 2020. Approve the necessary budget adjustments (4/5ths vote required).
17. Approve a grant from the California Department of Public Health (State Agreement No. 19-10335) and accept the award for funding from the California Department of Public Health for the Nutrition Education and Obesity Prevention program in an amount not to exceed $2,756,226, effective October 1, 2019 through September 30, 2022. Authorize the Health and Human Services Agency Director, or their designee, to sign the Contractors Release Form.
18. Approve an agreement with Community Services and Employment Training, Inc. for the Youth Transitions Program in an amount not to exceed $758,325, effective October 1, 2019 through September 30, 2020.
19. Approve an agreement with Proteus, Inc. for the provision of comprehensive job services to TulareWORKs clients in an amount not to exceed $1,051,866, effective October 1, 2019 through September 30, 2020.
20. Approve a Memorandum of Understanding with Westcoast Children’s Clinic to provide the implementation of the Commercial Sexual Exploitation Screening Tool to screen and identify Commercially Sexually Exploited Children in an amount not to exceed $400 per year, retroactive from July 1, 2019 through June 30, 2020,
21. Approve a grant agreement with Best Friends Animal Society in the amount of $33,500 for a Return to Field Program for impounded feral cats, effective September 30, 2019 through September 30, 2020. Approve the necessary budget adjustment (4/5ths vote required).
22. Approve an amendment to Agreement No. 21882 with County of Fresno to continue to serve as Tulare County’s designated local Emergency Medical Services Agency, retroactive from July 1, 2019 and shall automatically renew annually, until such a time that either party elects to terminate. This amendment is necessary to incorporate changes to the compensation for services from $41,442 to $53,875 annually.
23. Approve a grant award agreement with the California Office of Traffic Safety for Intensive Probation Supervision for High Risk Felony and Repeat Driving Under the Influence Offenders to accept grant funding in the amount of $96,708, effective October 1, 2019 through September 30, 2020.
24. Approve an agreement with WestCare California, Inc. to continue providing offenders recently realigned under Assembly Bill (AB) 109 with residential treatment, training services, and outpatient services in an amount not to exceed $250,000, retroactive from July 1, 2019 through June 30, 2020,
25. Approve an agreement with Avertest, LLC D/B/A Averhealth to provide offenders recently realigned under Assembly Bill (AB) 109 with substance use monitoring services in an amount not to exceed $100,000, retroactive from July 1, 2019 through June 30, 2020.
26. Approve an agreement with BI Incorporated to provide electronic monitoring (EM) services to juvenile offenders in an amount not to exceed $100,000, retroactive from July 1, 2019 through June 30, 2019.
27. Approve an agreement with the United States Department of Justice to participate in the Federal Equitable Sharing program and to allow continued access to Equitable Sharing funds in the amount of $5,885.03, retroactive from July 1, 2019 through June 30, 2020.
28. Approve an agreement with the PAAR Center to provide offenders recently realigned under Assembly Bill (AB) 109 with residential treatment, training services, and outpatient services in an amount not to exceed $350,000, retroactive from July 1, 2019 through June 30, 2020.
29. Appoint the following individuals to the Tulare County Voting Accessibility Advisory Committee: Rill Mitchell, Charity Tokash and Rebecca A. Donabed for the term ending June 30, 2021. Tina Shillinglaw and Captain Neal J. Schneider for the term ending June 30, 2022.
30. Approve the payment of an invoice from the Joyce Hofstee Company in the amount of $3,000, for the eradication of an illegal cannabis grow utilizing custom harvesting equipment, retroactive from August 1, 2019 through August 29, 2019.
31. Review and approve the submittal of an application for $310,000 in grant funding from the State Department of Housing and Community Development Senate Bill 2 Planning Grants Program. Adopt the Resolution “Authorizing Application and Receipt of SB 2 Planning Grants Program Funds.”
32. Approve an amendment to Agreement No. 26035 with Global Tel* Link Corporation to provide inmate telephone services at the Sheriff’s South County Detention Facility, retroactive from July 1, 2019 to April 30, 2020.
33. Approve the budget adjustment of $12,500 resulting from an agreement with the Fresno Regional Workforce Development Board to provide training services under the Construction Pre-Apprenticeship Pipeline for Ex-Offenders (CPP) grant (4/5ths vote required).
(Items Not Timed)
34. Receive a presentation from the General Services Agency regarding the Tulare County Museum Strategic Business Plan. Approve the Tulare County Museum Strategic Business Plan and direct staff to initiate implementation. Approve an adjustment to the Museum budget for Fiscal Year 2019/20 in the amount of $82,000 to hire extra help employees for collection development and Museum upkeep, match restoration project funds raised by the Historical Society, and to promote and host Museum activities and events. Approve the necessary budget adjustments (4/5ths vote required).
35. Request from the Resource Management Agency to certify the Mitigated Negative Declaration for the Mineral King Bridge Project near Three Rivers (State Clearinghouse #2016121028) as complete and in compliance with the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) and the State CEQA Guidelines. Approve and adopt the Mitigated Negative Declaration, including the accompanying Mitigation Monitoring and Reporting Program. Authorize the Environmental Assessment Officer, or their designee, to sign and file the Notice of Determination with the Clerk-Recorder.
NOTICE TO THE PUBLIC
As provided in the Ralph M. Brown Act, Government Code sections 54950 et seq., the Board of Supervisors may meet in closed session with members of its staff, county employees and its attorneys. These sessions are not open to the public and may not be attended by members of the public. The matters the Board will meet on in closed session are identified below or are those matters appropriately identified in open session as requiring immediate attention and arising after the posting of the agenda. Any public reports of action taken in closed session will be made in accordance with Government Code section 54957.1.
Significant Exposure to Litigation (Government Code Section 54956.9(d)(2))
(Government Code Section 54956.8)
Agency Negotiators: John Hess, Brooke Sisk, Laura Silva
Negotiating Party or Parties: Paynter Realty & Investments, Inc. & Sunny Basra
Under Negotiation: Price and Terms of Payment
(Government Code Section 54956.9(d)(1))
Worker’s Compensation Appeals Board No.: ADJ2098515
(Government Code Section 54956.9(d)(1))
Worker’s Compensation Appeals Board No.: ADJ7745642
(Government Code Section 54956.9(d)(1))
Public Employment Relations Board Case No. SA-CE-894-M
(Government Code Section 54957.6)
Employee Organizations: All Certified Employee Organizations
Unrepresented Employees: All Unrepresented Employees.