MEMBERS OF THE BOARD
KUYLER CROCKER – Chairman
PETE VANDER POEL – Vice Chairman
Board of Supervisors
JASON T. BRITT
County Administrative Officer
DEANNE H. PETERSON
2800 W. Burrel Avenue
Visalia, CA 93291
FAX (559) 733-6898
9:00 A.M. Board Convenes
Board of Supervisors Chambers
NOTICE TO THE PUBLIC
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), if you need special assistance to participate in this meeting, please contact the Clerk of the Board of Supervisors as soon as possible during office hours at (559) 636-5000 or at firstname.lastname@example.org. Reasonable requests made at least 48 hours in advance of the meeting will help to ensure accessibility to this meeting.
PUBLIC COMMENT PERIOD: Members of the public may comment on any item not appearing on the agenda. Under state law, matters presented under this item cannot be discussed or acted upon by the Board at this time. For items appearing on the agenda, the public is invited to make comments at the time the item comes up for Board consideration. Please complete and submit a comment card indicating your interest in that particular agenda item. Any person addressing the Board will be limited to a maximum of three (3) minutes so that all interested parties have an opportunity to speak, with a total of fifteen (15) minutes allotted for the Public Comment Period. At all times, please use the microphone and state your name and address for the record.
Documents related to the items on this Agenda are available for public inspection in the Clerk of the Board of Supervisors Office, 2800 W. Burrel Avenue, Visalia, CA during normal business hours, 7:30 a.m – 5:30 p.m., Monday through Thursday and 8:00 a.m -12:00 p.m. on Friday. Such documents are also available online, subject to staff's ability to post the documents before the meeting, at the following website: bosagendas.co.tulare.ca.us
NOTICE TO THE PUBLIC
These items are routine and usually approved by one motion. Before action by the Board, the Chairman will ask the Board Members and the public if they wish to remove any item from the Consent Calendar for separate consideration. Items removed from the Consent Calendar may be heard immediately before or after the approval of the Consent Calendar, or may be set aside until later in the morning.
13. Approve the Plan of Cooperation between the California Department of Child Support Services and Tulare County Department of Child Support Services retroactive from October 1, 2019 through September 30, 2020. Authorize the Director of the Tulare County Department of Child Support Services to sign the Plan of Cooperation between California Department of Child Support Services and Tulare County Department of Child Support Services.
14. Approve the Plan of Cooperation Agreement with the Superior Court of California, for the County of Tulare effective upon execution through September 30, 2021 and subject to approval from the California Department of Child Support Services and the Judicial Council of California. Authorize the Director of the Tulare County Department of Child Support Services to sign the Plan of Cooperation with the Superior Court of California, for the County of Tulare and Tulare County Department of Child Support Services.
15. Ratify actions by the County Administrative Officer during the months of July and August 2019. Find that the activities funded pursuant to the good works funding agreements are necessary to meet social needs of the residents of Tulare County.
16. Approve an amendment to Agreement No. 29066 with Serbans Background Music, Inc. to increase the agreement amount by $2,805.84 from $432,949 to $435,754.84. Accept the work for installation of the Board Chambers Technology Upgrade as complete by Serbans Background Music, Inc. Direct the Clerk of the Board to record the Notice of Completion for the project with the office of the Clerk-Recorder.
17. Adopt a resolution by a 4/5th vote declaring the intent to sell the real property described as a 2.26 acre portion located at the northeast area of the Tulare-Akers Professional Building parking lot located at 5300 W. Tulare Ave., Visalia, identified as Assessors Parcel No. 087-460-007. Authorize the receipt of sealed bids for the purchase of said real property for a cash price of no less than $1,165,000 by the Clerk of the Board until 5:00 pm on November 18, 2019. Approve November 19, 2019 as the date and time at which sealed proposals to purchase the subject real property will be opened and considered by the Board. Authorize the General Services Agency Director, or their designee, to publish Exhibit B Notice of Intent to Sell once a week for three consecutive weeks. Authorize the County Administrative Officer, or their designee, to send Exhibit C General Plan Referral Letter to the City of Visalia regarding the proposed sale of the subject property. Authorize the County Administrative Officer, or their designee, to send Exhibit D Notice of Sale to local and state governmental entities regarding the proposed sale of the subject property.
19. Approve a Memorandum of Understanding with Creative Alternatives, Inc. to provide services on behalf of Tulare County Child Welfare Services foster children that includes care and placement of foster children, retroactive from July 1, 2019 through June 30, 2022.There are no costs associated with this agreement.
20. Approve an agreement with Central Valley Recovery Services, Inc. for the provision of Co-Occurring Disorder Program in an amount not to exceed $1,104,171, retroactive from July 1, 2019 through June 30, 2020.
21. Approve an agreement with ExMed, Inc. for the provision of adult, adolescent, and child psychiatric services in an amount not to exceed $1,500,000, retroactive from July 1, 2019 through June 30, 2020.
22. Approve an agreement with Tulare County Superintendent of Schools for administration of the Home Visiting Early Head Start Program in an amount not to exceed $700,000, retroactive from July 1, 2019 through June 30, 2020.
23. Approve an agreement with CF Merced Behavioral, LLC. d/b/a Merced Behavioral Center, to provide skilled nursing services in an amount not to exceed $2,400,000, retroactive from July 1, 2019 through June 30, 2021.
24. Approve an agreement with Community Services and Employment Training, Inc. for the provision of Welfare-to-Work job services to TulareWORKs clients in an amount not to exceed $1,260,000, retroactive from October 1, 2019 through September 30, 2020.
25. Approve an agreement with Workforce Investment Board of Tulare County for the Welfare-to-Work Expanded Subsidized Employment Program for the provision of expanded work opportunities to CalWORKs recipients in an amount not to exceed $1,300,000, retroactive from October 1, 2019 through June 30, 2020.
26. Approve the tentative agreement and authorize such changes to the Memorandum of Understanding between the County of Tulare and the Service Employees International Union, (SEIU), Representing Bargaining Units 1, 2, 3, 4, 6, and 7, effective July 1, 2019 through June 30, 2021.
28. Authorize the submission of an online grant application to the California Department of Education 2019 National School Lunch Program Equipment Assistance Grant to purchase kitchen equipment at the Juvenile Detention Facility in an amount up to $100,000. Authorize the Probation Chief, or their designee, to sign and electronically submit the grant application.
29. Approve an agreement with California Conservation Holdings, LLC. for the purchase of Water Conservation Credits, required by the Central Valley Regional Water Quality Control Board, for the Avenue 392 Over Sand Creek Bridge Project (Cutler/Orosi), in perpetuity in an amount not to exceed $5,000.
30. Approve and award the contract to the lowest bidder, JT2 Inc. dba Todd Companies from Visalia, California, in an amount not to exceed $1,200,971.52 for construction of Pixley Main Street Improvements. Authorize the Chairman to sign the contract after review and approval as to form by County Counsel and upon receipt of certificates of insurance, bonds and evidence that the contractor possesses a valid State Contractors License. Allow funds for contingencies in an amount not to exceed $72,548 to cover unexpected construction conditions. Authorize the Director of the Resource Management Agency, or their designee, to approve contract change orders up to the amount of allowed funds for contingencies.
31. Approve the designation of a "No Parking" restriction on the southeast corner of Road 124 and Edward Avenue (LA410), located in Orosi. Authorize the installation of a "No Parking" sign, and establishing a "No Parking" zone, by painting red approximately 100 feet of curb on the east side of Road 124, just south of Edward Avenue. Approve a Categorical Exemption consistent with the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) Title 14 California Code of Regulations (CCR), Section 15061(b)(3) Common Sense Exemption. Direct the Environmental Assessment Officer of the Tulare County Resource Management Agency, or their designee, to file a Notice of Exemption with the Clerk-Recorder.
32. Approve the capital asset purchase of a new 3 axle dump truck (w/dump body) for the Porterville Road Maintenance Facility, Public Works Department of the Resource Management Agency in an amount not to exceed $130,000. Approve the necessary budget adjustments (4/5ths vote required).
33. Authorize submittal of FY 2020-21 Caltrans Sustainable Transportation Planning Grant Application with minor refinements as necessary in an amount not to exceed $200,000 to prepare Complete Streets Policy Plans for the following Communities: Matheny Tract, West Goshen, Goshen (update) and East Tulare Villa.
(Items Not Timed)
34. Request from the Registrar of Voters to introduce and waive the first reading of an ordinance amending Part 1 of the Tulare County Ordinance Code, adding chapter 33 pertaining to requiring electronic campaign finance disclosure for Tulare County Registrar of Voters (Ordinance). Set the second reading of the Ordinance for October 22, 2019. Direct the Clerk to publish a summary of the Ordinance before the second reading as required by law.
35. Request from the General Services Agency to receive an update on the status of the Mooney Grove Lily Pond Restoration Project. Provide direction to staff as to which, if any, of the five proposed options staff should pursue with regard to the Lily Pond, or provide direction to modify one of the proposed options. Option 1: Accept the proposal from Sierra Designs Inc. and direct staff to move forward with the design and restoration of the Lily Pond. Option 2: Approve the removal of the Lily Pond and direct staff to landscape over its footprint. Option 3: Approve the replacement of the Lily Pond structure with an artistic memorial to the pond on its site. Option 4: Direct staff to convert the existing Lily Pond structure into a gated memorial. Option 5: Direct staff to enclose the Lily Pond with a wrought iron fence and establish a five-year community fundraising campaign to restore the structure.
NOTICE TO THE PUBLIC
As provided in the Ralph M. Brown Act, Government Code sections 54950 et seq., the Board of Supervisors may meet in closed session with members of its staff, county employees and its attorneys. These sessions are not open to the public and may not be attended by members of the public. The matters the Board will meet on in closed session are identified below or are those matters appropriately identified in open session as requiring immediate attention and arising after the posting of the agenda. Any public reports of action taken in closed session will be made in accordance with Government Code section 54957.1.
(Government Code Section 54956.9(d)(4))
(Government Code Section 54956.9(d)(1))
Workers’ Compensation Appeals Board No.: ADJ10189472
(Government Code Section 54956.9(d)(1))
Significant Exposure to Litigation (Government Code Section 54956.9(d)(2))
(Government Code Section 54956.9(d)(4))
(Government Code Section 54957)
(Government Code Section 54957.6
Employee Organizations: All Certified Employee Organizations
Unrepresented Employees: All Unrepresented Employees.