MEMBERS OF THE BOARD
PETE VANDER POEL – Chair
AMY SHUKLIAN – Vice Chair
Board of Supervisors
JASON T. BRITT
County Administrative Officer
DEANNE H. PETERSON
2800 W. Burrel Avenue
Visalia, CA 93291
FAX (559) 733-6898
1:30 P.M. Board Convenes
Board of Supervisors Chambers
NOTICE TO THE PUBLIC
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), if you need special assistance to participate in this meeting, please contact the Clerk of the Board of Supervisors as soon as possible during office hours at (559) 636-5000 or at firstname.lastname@example.org. Reasonable requests made at least 48 hours in advance of the meeting will help to ensure accessibility to this meeting.
PUBLIC COMMENT PERIOD: Members of the public may comment on any item not appearing on the agenda. Under state law, matters presented under this item cannot be discussed or acted upon by the Board at this time. For items appearing on the agenda, the public is invited to make comments at the time the item comes up for Board consideration. Please complete and submit a comment card indicating your interest in that particular agenda item. Any person addressing the Board will be limited to a maximum of three (3) minutes so that all interested parties have an opportunity to speak, with a total of fifteen (15) minutes allotted for the Public Comment Period. At all times, please use the microphone and state your name and address for the record.
Documents related to the items on this Agenda are available for public inspection in the Clerk of the Board of Supervisors Office, 2800 W. Burrel Avenue, Visalia, CA during normal business hours, 7:30 a.m – 5:30 p.m., Monday through Thursday and 8:00 a.m -12:00 p.m. on Friday. Such documents are also available online, subject to staff's ability to post the documents before the meeting, at the following website: bosagendas.co.tulare.ca.us
NOTICE TO THE PUBLIC
These items are routine and usually approved by one motion. Before action by the Board, the Chairman will ask the Board Members and the public if they wish to remove any item from the Consent Calendar for separate consideration. Items removed from the Consent Calendar may be heard immediately before or after the approval of the Consent Calendar, or may be set aside until later in the morning.
3. Authorize the sale, via sealed bid, of tax-defaulted properties, subject to the Power to Sell and any limitations imposed by other provisions of the law; including automatic stays, according to Chapter 7 of Part 6 of Division 1 of the California Revenue and Taxation Code to be held on May 28, 2020.
6. Ratify actions by the County Administrative Officer during the months of November 2019, December 2019 and January 2020. Find that the activities funded pursuant to the good works funding agreements are necessary to meet social needs of the residents of Tulare County
7. Approve sending a letter supporting the annexation of the East Orosi Community Services District into the Orosi Public Utilities District as the way to achieve consolidation between the two water systems.
8. Approve an amendment to Agreement No. 29068 with Forcum Mackey Construction, Inc. to increase the agreement amount by $114,472.18 from $4,055,000 to $4,169,472.18 for Fire Station No.1 and add 30 calendar days to the construction time.
9. Approve an agreement between the Tulare County Health and Human Services Agency, Child Welfare Services Division, the Tulare County Probation Department, the Tulare County Superintendent of Schools Foster Youth Services, Local Education Agencies, the Tulare County Juvenile Court System, and Court Appointed Special Advocates, to coordinate services and tracking of County compliance with Every Child Succeeds Act, and the California Assembly Bill 490, as they relate to Foster Youth in Tulare County. This agreement shall be effective February 11, 2020 and shall continue in effect unless terminated by any participant upon 30 days’ written notice.
10. Authorize the Tulare County Health & Human Services Agency Director, or designee, to accept the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration grant award in the amount of $499,030 for the Treatment for Individuals Experiencing Homelessness program, retroactive from September 30, 2019 through September 29, 2020; sign the MJ Attestation Letter which certifies that the funding will not be used to provide marijuana or treatment using marijuana; apply for and accept Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration funding for the Treatment for Individuals Experiencing Homelessness program for the subsequent four (4) years subject to the availability of funds and satisfactory progress of the project. Approve the necessary budget adjustment (4/5ths vote required).
11. Ratify the submittal of an application for the grant award from the U.S Food and Drug Administration in an amount not to exceed $20,000 for the Compliance Policy & Placarding Project for the Retail Food Inspection Program, retroactive from January 1, 2019. Accept the funds in an amount not to exceed $20,000. Authorize the Health and Human Services Agency Director, or designee, to sign the Final Project Report for the Calendar Year 2019 Final Project Report and Prospective Payment Invoices.
12. Approve an amendment to Agreement No. 29218 with Essential Access Health to accept additional funding in the amount of $75,000 to provide outreach for reproductive health, retroactive from October 1, 2019 through March 31, 2020. Approve the necessary budget adjustment (4/5ths vote required).
13. Approve the In Lieu of Election appointments to the Democratic Central Committee as indicated on Attachment A. Approve the In Lieu of Election appointments to the Republican Central Committee as indicated on Attachment B.
14. Adopt the Statutory Exemption prepared pursuant to the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) and the State CEQA Guidelines per Section 15268 (b) (1), for a Contractor Storage Yard (Oliver Concrete Products) and a Dairy Bio-Gas Upgrading Facility (CalBioGas-North Visalia LLC). Authorize the Environmental Assessment Officer, or designee, to sign and file the Notice of Exemption with the Clerk-Recorder.
15. Accept the work for the construction of the Avenue 152 Safety Improvements Project, west of the City of Porterville, as complete by MAC General Engineering, Inc. of Porterville, California. Authorize the Chair to sign the Notice of Completion. Direct the Clerk of the Board to have the Notice of Completion recorded with the Clerk-Recorder.
16. Approve the Right of Way Contract with Dutro Ranch, LLC for the Avenue 232 Safety Improvements Project, west of the City of Tulare, in the amount of $29,400. Authorize the Resource Management Agency Director to sign the Contract. Authorize County Counsel to sign the Grant Deed Acceptance upon presentation. Authorize the Resource Management Agency Director, or designee, to open escrow and sign all documents to facilitate the escrow for the acquisition. Direct the Auditor to draw a warrant in the amount of $30,675 in favor of First American Title Company, or the County’s designated Title Company.
17. Authorize the submittal of Federal Transit Act Section 5311 grant application to Caltrans for Operating Assistance Funds, in the amount of $472,118 for Fiscal Year 2020. Authorize the Resource Management Agency Director, or designee, to sign the Application Certification and submit the grant application through the Caltrans BlackCat system. Direct the Resource Management Agency to take the necessary steps and actions required under this grant program to return with an agreement for future consideration and approval.
18. Adopt the Categorical Exemption prepared pursuant to the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) and the State CEQA Guidelines per Section 15302(c) Replacement or Reconstruction, Ergostech Renewable Energy Solutions Project; and Authorize the Environmental Assessment Officer, or designee, to sign and file the Notice of Exemption with the County Clerk.
(Items Not Timed)
19. Request from the General Services Agency to receive a presentation on an upcoming Pixley Park Safety Day and Community Service Event. Approve the installation of a Disc Golf Course at Pixley Park. Adopt the Categorical Exemption prepared pursuant to the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) and the State CEQA Guidelines (General Rule Exemption per Section 15300.4 Application by Public Agencies and Section 15301 Existing Facilities; respectively, for the Pixley Park Disc Golf Course Project. Authorize the Environmental Assessment Officer, or designee, to sign and file the Notice of Exemption with the Clerk-Recorder. Authorize staff to begin preparing a grant application for funding from the California Department of Parks and Recreation through the Statewide Park Development and Community Revitalization Program to renovate Pixley Park.
20. Request from the Health and Human Services Agency to adopt a resolution redirecting the County of Tulare's Homeless Housing, Assistance, and Prevention Program allocation to the Kings/Tulare Homeless Alliance for the purposes of grant administration and making the funding available to local cities and homeless service providers through a competitive grant application. Authorize the Tulare County Health and Human Services Agency Director, or designee, to sign the intent to redirect program allocation form.
NOTICE TO THE PUBLIC
As provided in the Ralph M. Brown Act, Government Code sections 54950 et seq., the Board of Supervisors may meet in closed session with members of its staff, county employees and its attorneys. These sessions are not open to the public and may not be attended by members of the public. The matters the Board will meet on in closed session are identified below or are those matters appropriately identified in open session as requiring immediate attention and arising after the posting of the agenda. Any public reports of action taken in closed session will be made in accordance with Government Code section 54957.1.
(Government Code Section 54956.96)
Discussion will concern: San Joaquin Valley Insurance Authority v. Gallagher Benefit Services, Inc., Fresno County Superior Court Case No. 17CECG01632, United States District Court for the Eastern District of California Case No. 1:17-cv-00861-LJO-EPG
Name of Local agency representative on JPA board: Supervisors Crocker, Shuklian, & Vander Poel
Consultants or other representatives attending closed session: HRD Director
(Government Code Section 54956.9(d)(1))
Workers’ Compensation Appeals Board No.: ADJ10633463
(Government Code Section 54957.6)
Employee Organizations: All Certified Employee Organizations
Unrepresented Employees: All Unrepresented Employees.