MEMBERS OF THE BOARD
PETE VANDER POEL – Chair
AMY SHUKLIAN – Vice Chair
Board of Supervisors
JASON T. BRITT
County Administrative Officer
DEANNE H. PETERSON
2800 W. Burrel Avenue
Visalia, CA 93291
FAX (559) 733-6898
9:00 A.M. Board Convenes
Board of Supervisors Chambers
NOTICE TO THE PUBLIC
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), if you need special assistance to participate in this meeting, please contact the Clerk of the Board of Supervisors as soon as possible during office hours at (559) 636-5000 or at firstname.lastname@example.org. Reasonable requests made at least 48 hours in advance of the meeting will help to ensure accessibility to this meeting.
PUBLIC COMMENT PERIOD: Members of the public may comment on any item not appearing on the agenda. Under state law, matters presented under this item cannot be discussed or acted upon by the Board at this time. For items appearing on the agenda, the public is invited to make comments at the time the item comes up for Board consideration. Please complete and submit a comment card indicating your interest in that particular agenda item. Any person addressing the Board will be limited to a maximum of three (3) minutes so that all interested parties have an opportunity to speak, with a total of fifteen (15) minutes allotted for the Public Comment Period. At all times, please use the microphone and state your name and address for the record.
Documents related to the items on this Agenda are available for public inspection in the Clerk of the Board of Supervisors Office, 2800 W. Burrel Avenue, Visalia, CA during normal business hours, 7:30 a.m – 5:30 p.m., Monday through Thursday and 8:00 a.m -12:00 p.m. on Friday. Such documents are also available online, subject to staff's ability to post the documents before the meeting, at the following website: bosagendas.co.tulare.ca.us
NOTICE TO THE PUBLIC
These items are routine and usually approved by one motion. Before action by the Board, the Chairman will ask the Board Members and the public if they wish to remove any item from the Consent Calendar for separate consideration. Items removed from the Consent Calendar may be heard immediately before or after the approval of the Consent Calendar, or may be set aside until later in the morning.
4. Approve an agreement with the California Department of Food and Agriculture for providing State subvention in the amount of $371,176 to offset costs of providing Asian Citrus Psyllid detection trapping services, retroactive from October 1, 2019 through September 30, 2020.
5. Approve an agreement with the California Department of Food and Agriculture to provide State funding of $301,229 to offset costs of providing Exotic Pest detection trapping services, retroactive from July 1, 2019 through June 30, 2020.
10. Ratify actions by the County Administrative Officer during the month of February 2020. Find that the activities funded pursuant to the good works funding agreements are necessary to meet social needs of the residents of Tulare County.
11. Ratify an Emergency Order issued by the County Emergency Services Director for the Maintenance of Critical Infrastructure and Closure of County Facilities to Physical Access by the Public, pursuant to Tulare County Ordinance Code section 1-15-1030(f).
13. Approve an amendment to Agreement No. 27808 with DLR Group to increase the contract amount by $58,000 from $2,862,300 to $2,920,300 for Sequoia Field Programming Facility architecture and engineering services.
14. Authorize the Chair to execute a Quitclaim Deed for a 6,905 square foot sidewalk and parking area of 520 E. Tulare Ave. and 948 S. Santa Fe St., Visalia (County Adult Mental Health Clinic and Alcohol & Drug Prevention Treatment and Recovery Center) to Joe & Cora Gong Family Limited Partnership, a California Limited Partnership, Tom and Sarah Gong Limited Partnership, a California Limited Partnership, and Fairway Properties, LLC, a California Limited Company. Direct the Clerk of the Board to return the executed Quitclaim Deed to the General Services Agency for transmittal to Bender-Rosenthal, Inc.
15. Approve an amendment to Lease Agreement No. 27980 for space located at 623 N. Avery, Farmersville with the City of Farmersville for the Farmersville Branch Library, retroactive from February 28, 2020 through February 27, 2023.
17. Approve an amendment to Agreement No. 27512 with Quincy Engineering for the M348 South Fork Kaweah River Bridge project to increase the amended contract amount by $82,725.97, for a total contract amount of $631,543.35, to complete additional engineering services and to extend the term of the agreement to December 31, 2022.
18. Accept the work for the construction of the Bear Creek Road over Rancheria Creek Bridge Project as complete by Agee Construction Corporation of Clovis, California. Direct the Clerk of the Board to have the Notice of Completion recorded with the Clerk-Recorder.
19. Accept the work for the construction of the Earlimart Park Sidewalk Improvements Project as complete by American Paving Co. of Fresno, California. Direct the Clerk of the Board to have the Notice of Completion recorded with the Clerk-Recorder.
20. Ratify and approve the Resource Management Agency Director’s Signature, retroactive from March 3, 2020, for the submittal of an application for up to $6,000,000 in grant funding from the State Department of Housing and Community Development Infill Infrastructure Grant Program, to construct on-site and off-site Improvements for a 60-Unit Affordable Apartment Complex (Sequoia Commons II), located at 31161 Florence Street, Goshen. Adopt the Resolution for the Infill Infrastructure Grant Program Application. Approve the Memorandum of Understanding with Self Help Enterprises for the application.
21. Approve a budget adjustment in the amount of $58,418 (4/5ths vote required).This budget adjustment is associated with an agreement with the Tulare County Probation Department to support the County RESET R2Y project by providing educational and employment goal guidance to participants.
(Items Not Timed)
NOTICE TO THE PUBLIC
As provided in the Ralph M. Brown Act, Government Code sections 54950 et seq., the Board of Supervisors may meet in closed session with members of its staff, county employees and its attorneys. These sessions are not open to the public and may not be attended by members of the public. The matters the Board will meet on in closed session are identified below or are those matters appropriately identified in open session as requiring immediate attention and arising after the posting of the agenda. Any public reports of action taken in closed session will be made in accordance with Government Code section 54957.1.
Significant Exposure to Litigation (Government Code Section 54956.9(d)(2))
(Government Code Section 54957)
(Government Code Section 54957.6)
Employee Organizations: All Certified Employee Organizations
Unrepresented Employees: All Unrepresented Employees.