MEMBERS OF THE BOARD
PETE VANDER POEL – Chair
AMY SHUKLIAN – Vice Chair
Board of Supervisors
JASON T. BRITT
County Administrative Officer
DEANNE H. PETERSON
2800 W. Burrel Avenue
Visalia, CA 93291
FAX (559) 733-6898
9:00 A.M. Board Convenes
Board of Supervisors Chambers
NOTICE TO THE PUBLIC
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), if you need special assistance to participate in this meeting, please contact the Clerk of the Board of Supervisors as soon as possible during office hours at (559) 636-5000 or at email@example.com. Reasonable requests made at least 48 hours in advance of the meeting will help to ensure accessibility to this meeting.
PUBLIC COMMENT PERIOD: Members of the public may comment on any item not appearing on the agenda. Under state law, matters presented under this item cannot be discussed or acted upon by the Board at this time. For items appearing on the agenda, the public is invited to make comments at the time the item comes up for Board consideration. Please complete and submit a comment card indicating your interest in that particular agenda item. Any person addressing the Board will be limited to a maximum of three (3) minutes so that all interested parties have an opportunity to speak, with a total of fifteen (15) minutes allotted for the Public Comment Period. At all times, please use the microphone and state your name and address for the record.
Documents related to the items on this Agenda are available for public inspection in the Clerk of the Board of Supervisors Office, 2800 W. Burrel Avenue, Visalia, CA during normal business hours, 7:30 a.m – 5:30 p.m., Monday through Thursday and 8:00 a.m -12:00 p.m. on Friday. Such documents are also available online, subject to staff's ability to post the documents before the meeting, at the following website: bosagendas.co.tulare.ca.us
NOTICE TO THE PUBLIC
These items are routine and usually approved by one motion. Before action by the Board, the Chairman will ask the Board Members and the public if they wish to remove any item from the Consent Calendar for separate consideration. Items removed from the Consent Calendar may be heard immediately before or after the approval of the Consent Calendar, or may be set aside until later in the morning.
5. Approve an agreement with the California Department of Social Services to provide access to base wage data through the Employment Development Department at zero cost to the County effective upon the date of signature by both organizations through June 30, 2022.
6. Approve the acceptance of relief fund payments from the United States Department of Health and Human Services in an amount not to exceed $163,194, to provide support to the Tulare County Health Care Centers in their response with COVID-19. Authorize the Tulare County Health & Human Services Agency Director, or designee, to electronically sign the attestation confirming receipt of funds and agreeing to the terms and conditions. Approve the necessary budget adjustment (4/5ths vote required).
7. Approve an agreement with the California Department of Health Care Services in an amount not to exceed $2,694,453 for the County-Based Medi-Cal Activities program effective July 1, 2020 through June 30, 2023.
8. Approve an amendment to Agreement No. 29455 with Central Valley Recovery Services to increase the value of the Agreement by $350,000, for a total amount not to exceed $700,000, to provide offenders recently realigned under Assembly Bill 109 with residential treatment, training services, and outpatient services, and to extend the term through June 30, 2021.
10. Approve an amendment to Agreement No. 28639 with the Porterville Unified School District for the Campus Probation Officer Program to extend the term of the agreement from July 1, 2020 through June 30, 2021.
11. Rescind Board Agreement No. 27813 (Resolution No. 2016-0731). Approve the Measure R Program Supplement to Cooperative Agreement with the Tulare County Association of Governments for the Preliminary Engineering Phase, Right-of-Way Phase, and Construction Phase for the D112 Bates Slough Bridge Project, southwest of the City of Tulare, in an amount not to exceed $185,814.
12. Approve the E-Payment Service Agreement with Point & Pay, LLC (d/b/a ‘PNP’) for the purpose of accepting credit card, debit card and E-check payments through an integrated online platform for utility bill pay and service fees for an initial three (3) year term. Authorize the Department Head or his designee to sign the Client Applications to coordinate integration of the online platform.
13. Approve a claim to the Tulare County Association of Governments (TCAG) in the amount of $1,173,935 for Regional Surface Transportation Program/Regional Surface Transportation Block Grant Program (RSTP/RSTBGP) Funds in Exchange for State Highway Account Funds for FY 2019/2020. Authorize the Resource Management Agency Fiscal Services Director to sign the claim.
14. Approve the Plans, Special Provisions, Proposal and Contract (“Bid Documents”) for the Construction of the M348 over South Fork Kaweah River Bridge Project, near the community of Three Rivers. Approve the re-advertisement for bids for the M348 over South Fork Kaweah River Bridge Project.
15. Accept Caltrans' offer to relinquish the right of way for County Roads improved as part of the Betty Drive Interchange Project in the community of Goshen, in its current environmental condition and setting, including, but not limited to, the presence of hazardous materials as described in Initial Site Assessment: Relinquishment 87929. Waive the ninety (90) days’ notice of "Intention to Relinquish" requirement contained in Section 73 of the Streets and Highways Code. Authorize the Resource Management Agency Director, on behalf of the Board of Supervisors, to sign the concurrence memorandum.
16. Approve the Federal Fiscal Year 2020 Certifications and Assurances for Federal Transit Administration Assistance Programs. Authorize the Chair to execute the Affirmation of Applicant signature page for substantially similar Certifications and Assurances documents for up to three (3) additional federal fiscal years subject to review and approval by County Counsel.
Don Berry Construction $4,866,276.14
Teichert Construction $5,139,096.10
Agee Construction $5,141,905.00
Yarbs Grading & Paving Inc $5,207,546.82
Cal Valley Construction $5,511,273.50
Granite Construction $5,516,914.10
Avison Construction $5,639,233.00
Engineer’s Estimate $5,794,752.20
18. Ratify and approve an amendment to Agreement No. 26035 with Global Tel* Link Corporation to convert the Agreement to a month-to-month term not to exceed one year and amend the termination clause, for inmate telephone services at the County’s adult and juvenile correctional facilities, retroactive from May 1, 2020.
Sukut Construction $8,132,806.00
Wood Bros Inc $8,198,041.00
Cal Valley Construction $8,346,180.65
Teichert Construction $8,522,595.00
Yarbs Grading & Paving Inc $8,696,745.00
Papich Construction $8,888,540.00
Ford Construction $9,099,099.00
Bush Engineering $11,603,855.00
Engineer’s Estimate $8,892,820.00
20. Approve the Budget Adjustment of $90,000 as a result of funding received from the Employment Development Department (EDD) to provide supportive services to Underserved COVID-19 Impacted Individuals. These services may include, but are not limited to, equipment necessary to telework, housing, utility, childcare, and transportation assistance (4/5ths vote required.)
(Items Not Timed)
21. Request from the County Administrative Office to provide direction to staff as to which, if any, of the three proposed options staff should pursue with regard to establishing a Supervisorial Redistricting Commission and provide direction to staff regarding the use of outside consultants in the redistricting process. Option 1: Approve the creation of a 2021 Advisory Redistricting Commission to recommend boundary changes for supervisorial districts to the Board for possible modification and adoption. Option 2 Approve the creation of a 2021 Hybrid Redistricting Commission to recommend supervisorial district boundary changes to the Board for adoption without modification. Option 3 Approve the creation of a 2021 Independent Redistricting Commission to adopt supervisorial district boundary changes on behalf of the Board.
NOTICE TO THE PUBLIC
As provided in the Ralph M. Brown Act, Government Code sections 54950 et seq., the Board of Supervisors may meet in closed session with members of its staff, county employees and its attorneys. These sessions are not open to the public and may not be attended by members of the public. The matters the Board will meet on in closed session are identified below or are those matters appropriately identified in open session as requiring immediate attention and arising after the posting of the agenda. Any public reports of action taken in closed session will be made in accordance with Government Code section 54957.1.
Number of Potential Cases: 1
Number of Potential Cases: 1
Consultation with: Tulare County Sheriff Staff
Agency Designated Representatives: Rhonda Sjostrom, Jason T. Britt
Employee Organizations: All Certified Employee Organizations
Unrepresented Employees: All Unrepresented Employees.