MEMBERS OF THE BOARD
PETE VANDER POEL – Chair
AMY SHUKLIAN – Vice Chair
Board of Supervisors
JASON T. BRITT
County Administrative Officer
DEANNE H. PETERSON
2800 W. Burrel Avenue
Visalia, CA 93291
FAX (559) 733-6898
4:00 P.M. Board Convenes for Closed Session
Board Chambers, Administration Building
6:30 P.M. Board Reconvenes for Open Session
NOTICE TO THE PUBLIC
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), if you need special assistance to participate in this meeting, please contact the Clerk of the Board of Supervisors as soon as possible during office hours at (559) 636-5000 or at firstname.lastname@example.org. Reasonable requests made at least 48 hours in advance of the meeting will help to ensure accessibility to this meeting.
PUBLIC COMMENT PERIOD: Members of the public may comment on any item not appearing on the agenda. Under state law, matters presented under this item cannot be discussed or acted upon by the Board at this time. For items appearing on the agenda, the public is invited to make comments at the time the item comes up for Board consideration. Please complete and submit a comment card indicating your interest in that particular agenda item. Any person addressing the Board will be limited to a maximum of three (3) minutes so that all interested parties have an opportunity to speak, with a total of fifteen (15) minutes allotted for the Public Comment Period. At all times, please use the microphone and state your name and address for the record.
Documents related to the items on this Agenda are available for public inspection in the Clerk of the Board of Supervisors Office, 2800 W. Burrel Avenue, Visalia, CA during normal business hours, 7:30 a.m – 5:30 p.m., Monday through Thursday and 8:00 a.m -12:00 p.m. on Friday. Such documents are also available online, subject to staff's ability to post the documents before the meeting, at the following website: bosagendas.co.tulare.ca.us
NOTICE TO THE PUBLIC
These items are routine and usually approved by one motion. Before action by the Board, the Chairman will ask the Board Members and the public if they wish to remove any item from the Consent Calendar for separate consideration. Items removed from the Consent Calendar may be heard immediately before or after the approval of the Consent Calendar, or may be set aside until later in the morning.
4. Approve the termination of Agreement No. 25245 with Wells Fargo Bank, effective August 14, 2020. Authorize the Chair to sign the Notice of Termination to Wells Fargo Bank. Authorize the Auditor Controller to sign the Letter of Instruction to TD Ameritrade on behalf of the County. Approve an agreement with Great-West Trust Company, LLC to provide financial custodial services in an amount not to exceed $1,500 annually, effective August 14, 2020 through December 31, 2021.
7. Approve an amendment to Agreement No. 28768 with Micro Focus Software, Inc., to extend the term of the agreement to July 31, 2021 to provide user licenses and maintenance support for Micro Focus software including GroupWise email, Filr file sharing, iPrint mobile enterprise printing, and ZENworks desktop management, in an amount not to exceed $332,125.11.
8. Approve a Program Supplement Agreement with the California Department of Transportation for the design and right of way of the D112 Bates Slough Bridge Project in an amount not to exceed $460,356, southwest of the City of Tulare, effective upon approval by the Board of Supervisors.
9. Approve and award the contract to the lowest responsive and responsible bidder, Agee Construction Corporation of Clovis, California, in the amount of $3,630,982 for construction of the M348 over South Fork Kaweah River Bridge Project, southeast of the community of Three Rivers effective upon approval by the Board of Supervisors. Authorize the Chair of the Board of Supervisors to sign the contract after review and approval as to form by County Counsel and upon receipt of certificates of insurance, bonds and evidence that the contractor possesses a valid State Contractor’s License. Allow funds for contingencies in the amount of $194,049 to cover unexpected construction conditions. Authorize the Resource Management Agency Director, or designee, to approve change orders up to the amount of $194,049.
10. Approve the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act (CARES) Standard Agreement #64VO20-01078 for transit funding through the Federal Transit Administration 5311 program with the State of California, Department of Transportation, for cost reimbursement of transit operating expenses in the amount of $413,637, retroactive from January 20, 2020 through June 30, 2022. Authorize the signature of the Resource Management Agency Director on the CARES Standard Agreement #64VO20-01078.
11. Approve the Joint Funding Agreement with the United States Department of the Interior U.S. Geological Survey (“USGS”) for Water Resources Investigations in the amount of $21,050, retroactive from November 1, 2019 through October 31, 2020.
12. Ratify and approve the federally funded Bureau of Justice Assistance grant award agreement with the Board of State and Community Corrections, for the Residential Substance Abuse Treatment for State Prisoners Program to accept grant funding in the amount of $235,534 retroactive from July 1, 2020 to June 30, 2021. Agree that no funds from the Residential Substance Abuse Treatment and State Prisoners Program will be used to supplant expenditures controlled by the Board. Agree to provide the 25% matching funds, up to $78,512, required for the Residential Substance Abuse Treatment for State Prisoners Program and abide by the statutes and regulations governing the federal Grants Program as well as the terms and conditions of the Grant Agreement as set forth by the Board of State and Community Corrections.
(Items Not Timed)
13. Request from the County Administrative Office to approve the County of Tulare CARES Act Funding Plan for initial usage of $48,938,000 of the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act funds due to the Coronavirus Disease 2019 public health emergency for necessary expenditures incurred and all budgetary and accounting transactions necessary to process associated transfers and reimbursements to cover costs for Fiscal Years 2019/20 and 2020/21 as determined by the County Administrative Officer with Auditor-Controller concurrence. Review and provide direction to staff regarding the COVID-19 Business Assistance Program Guidelines to provide $5 million in grants to small businesses for the implementation of COVID-19 health and safety measures. Direct the County Administrative Officer to provide a final CARES Act Expenditure Report. Approve the necessary budget adjustments (4/5ths vote required).
NOTICE TO THE PUBLIC
As provided in the Ralph M. Brown Act, Government Code sections 54950 et seq., the Board of Supervisors may meet in closed session with members of its staff, county employees and its attorneys. These sessions are not open to the public and may not be attended by members of the public. The matters the Board will meet on in closed session are identified below or are those matters appropriately identified in open session as requiring immediate attention and arising after the posting of the agenda. Any public reports of action taken in closed session will be made in accordance with Government Code section 54957.1.
Significant Exposure to Litigation (Government Code Section 54956.9(d)(2))
(Government Code Section 54957)
(Government Code Section 54956.9(d)(1))
Tulare County Superior Court VCU281967
(Government Code Section 54957.6)
Employee Organizations: All Certified Employee Organizations
Unrepresented Employees: All Unrepresented Employees.
(Government Code Section 54957.6)
Employee Organization: SEIU, Local 2015